Green tea capsules carry the same advantages as drinking green tea in general. Along with these, green tea capsules offer other advantages:
Green Tea Capsule Advantages:
- No caffein green tea capsules are available, No caffein inconvenience, drinking 10 cups of liquid green tea
- you can carry them with you anywhere, very convenient
- a single capsule is typically equivalent to drinking 4 cups of tea
- no need to add sugar or artificial sweeteners, capsules have no taste, Especially convenient
when seeking green tea weight loss properties
That said, green tea capsules’ difference compared with supplements is they’re not made using component extaction procedures concentrating some components of the green tea leaves to maximize some effect or benefit, the makers are looking for.
Green tea capsules are made mainly by choosing the leaves in which the concentration of the various components fall into a particular standard, and these are then dried to an advanced degree before the antioxydants and the other components have had the time to become altered.
So, basically what you have in capsules are concentrated tea leaves in a very dried state. Some of those capsules are cryogenic dried tea leaves that occupy very little volume. “About 85 percent of the fresh weight of leaves can be water“ so just by removing close to all the water from the tea leaves, makers could theorically reach a concentration approaching 7 to 1. Just by removing the water present in tea leaves.
Studies show that in order to get the full benefits of drinking green tea, you need to drink at least three (and up to 10) cups of brewed green tea per day. Many people miss out on its unique benefits because they don’t like the taste or because they don’t want to bother with brewing it from loose tea or tea bags.
Some of the main advantages of green tea:
- natural glucose regulator
- natural cholesterol regulator
- powerful natural antioxydant
- natural mild fat burner through a thermogenesis process that has a preference in burning fats over sugars
- natural antioxydant activity slowing the growth of tumor cells mainly because of presence of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) in high concentrations (. EGCG was found to be twice as powerful as resvetatrol found in wine drank by French, to limit the negative effects of smoking and having a fatty diet in a research study conducted in 1997 at University of Kansas.)
- natural Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme inhibitor, which makes green tea a natural high blood pressure reducer
- natural inhibitor of the growth and of the creation of new fat cells.
- inhibits the formation of abnormal blood clots, by LDL cholesterol reducing activity of its antioxydants
- green tea can help your diet. Study results of research conducted in University of Switzerland, published the “American Journal of Clinical Nutrition” in 1999, show that men given a combination of caffeine and grenn tea extract burned more calories than those who were given caffeine only or a placebo.
- Green tea can help prevent tooth decay! Green tea’s bacteria destroying capabilities can help prevent food poisoning and can also kill the bacteria that cause dental plaque. (This is hard to beat!) And skin preparations containing green tea, from dodorants to creams, are beginning to appear on the market.
- The only negative side effect reported so far is insomnia due to the caffeine contained in green tea.
Herbs for Health magazine cite a japanese epidemiologic report stating that men who drank 10 cups of green tea per day stayed cancer free three years longe than men who drank less than 3 cups a day. The same study showed that there are fewer recurrances of breast cancer and that the disease spread less quickly in women with a history of drinking five cups or more of green tea daily.
A study by Cleveland’s Western Reserve University concluded that drinking four or more cups of green tea per day could help prevent rheumatoid arthritis completely, or reduce symptoms in individuals already suffering from the disease.
Those are some of the numerous benefits found to be confirmed by modern occidental science. Others might emerge later on. The scientific investigation on green tea is continuing.
And for the only negative effect so far reported, insomnia, decaffeinated green tea capsules, and supplements, easily solve the problem.